The Orcas Island Education Foundation (OIEF) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization established in 1984 which sole purpose is to secure and distribute tax deductible contributions to benefit students in the Orcas Island Public Schools.
During 2011-2012, our remarkable donors helped our public schools with the following:
• you paid for Lab tables for a Science Room
• you funded the Farm to Classroom program
• you sent the 6th grade class to the Olympic Park Institute
• you helped start a knitting club
• you kept the school library open
• you funded Applied Physics in the High School
• you helped restore the cut to the Elementary Secretary
• you gave to the k-8 Waldron school
• you paid for High School Winter Sports to continue
• you restored the school busses so every child could get to school!
For you, we are truly grateful!